Our client, a major retailer, was interested in understanding the impact of their internal and external efforts on brand preferences and on the customer experience.
An online quantitative survey of both customers and noncustomers within the retailer's footprint was designed to yield insight into:
- Awareness, purchase behavior, product and service usage, brand loyalty and brand perceptions for the retailer and competitors
- Demographic profiles of customers and noncustomers
- Marketing message resonance within the target audience
- Consumer perceptions of delivery on brand promise
- Opportunities to increase spending among shoppers, and attract non-shoppers
Understanding consumer satisfaction, shopping habits and brand perceptions offered this retailer a breadth of opportunities for improvement and growth, most notably in the areas of message/media, customer loyalty programs and other service offerings.